Every baker has a favourite go to chocolate cake recipe. The one that is a crowdpleaser and they can whip up in minutes. I have it too 🙂 and it has the perfect chocolate flavour. On top of everything, its eggless too. It cant be more perfect 🙂
Today I am sharing that recipe with you. I had borrowed it from a co-dentist at my workplace. Though she had not iced it, but it was still so perfect. Awesomely chocolatey and soft.
The best thing about a chocolate truffle cake is the various ways in which it can be presented. There are endless options to top a frosted chocolate cake. Chocolate coated strawberries, roasted almonds, chopped chocolates, colorful sprinkles, gems, M&M’s. Anything you like 🙂
It’s a single bowl recipe, and the addition of instant coffee to it, takes it to another chocolate level 😀
- 1 ½ cups All purpose Flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp. instant coffee
- ½ tbsp. baking soda
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup curd
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Make a well in the center and add the remaining liquid ingredients to it. Mix together to form a smooth batter.
- Pour in a greased and dusted baking tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in it comes out clean.
- Once baked, cool on the wire rack for few minutes before turning it out.
- To frost it, cut the cooled cake in two layers using a sharp knife.
- Pour some chocolate ganache over the bottom layer of cake and spread it well. Place the top layer of cake over it and pour the remaining ganache over it. Spread it evenly on the top and sides of the cake.
Recipe for Chocolate Ganache
- Make chocolate ganache using 350 gms of chopped dark chocolate and 200 gms of cream.
- Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate. Leave it for few seconds, and then mix the melted chocolate and cream together to form smooth ganache.
Feel free to add your favourite sprinkles or top it with M&M’s and chocolate rolls like I did 🙂
I also covered the sides with loads of chocolate chips to increase the chocolateness. Chocolate Heaven!!
Try it out and leave a comment if you like it 🙂