Chocolate layer cake
There can’t be enough chocolate cakes. The world needs more chocolate 😀
This one I baked for my brother who wanted a bakery styled chocolate layer cake with lots of chocolate cream.
The chocolate cake recipe used here is the one printed on the cadburys cocoa powder box. It results in this lovely and moist chocolate cake because of the mava/ khoya in it.
I baked two 8 inch chocolate cakes with the recipe and sliced each of them into two layers each. And then the four layers were stacked together with lots of chocolate ganache resulting in this beauty!! It’s so gorgeous and yummy 🙂 Inviting, isn’t it 😀
Now for the chocolate layer cake recipe.
- 2 cups room temp curd
- 100 gms Sooji/ rava
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200 gms oil
- 400 gms powdered sugar
- 100 gms grated khoya
- 400 gms maida
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 600 gms dark chocolate
- 300 gms cream
- Mix curd with sooji and baking soda. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat oil, sugar and grated mava together.
- Add the sooji mixture . Mix well.
- Add maida sieved with baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add milk and combine to a smooth mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between two 8 inch greased and dusted baking tins. And bake at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean.
- Once baked let it cool for 10 minutes. Now use a serrated knife to divide each cake into two layers.
- While the layers cool, make the chocolate ganache by pouring hot cream over chopped chocolate.
To assemble the cake -
- Place the first layer of cake on the serving plate or cake stand.
- Spread some cooled ganache over it and place the next layer of cake over it.
- Similarly place the next two layers and spread the ganache all over the top and sides of the cake.
You can present it as u please!! I kept it simple and just used some white chocolate chips on the top and some sprinkles for a pop of color 🙂
My brother loved it and devoured it to the last slice!!!