Indian summers drain the nice out of you! It’s so hot , that I don’t feel like turning on the oven and do any baking :(. You need something light and refreshing to eat in this weather. You also need ice-creams to get through these summers :D. This Ice-cream Cake is a result of the scorching heat!
It is so easy to bring this cake together. You just need a few ingredients and 10-15 minutes of mixing to make this no-bake Ice-cream Cake. Basically, you make some homemade chocolate ice-cream and then stuff it with oreo cookies and M&M’s. Freeze it, then spread chocolate ganache over it and top it with some more crushed oreos :).
This dreamy frozen Ice-cream Cake takes me back to childhood. It’s creamy, chocolatey and crunchy! Just perfect!
For Ice-cream cake
- 1 can condensed milk(400gms.)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 30 chopped oreos
- 1 cup M&M’s or gems
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
For Chocolate ganache
- 150 gms chopped chocolate
- 200 gms heavy cream
- Crushed oreos for garnish
- Line a springform pan with parchment or foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the condensed milk, heavy cream and sifted cocoa powder until no visible specks of cocoa powder remain and everything is blended well. Mix in the vanilla essence.
- Add the crushed oreos and M&M’s. Gently mix them in.
- Pour this in the prepared pan. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Release cake from pan and place on a tray/ serving plate. Pour the Chocolate ganache(Pour 200 gms of hot cream over 150gms of chopped chocolate)over frozen cake, letting it drip a bit down the sides. Crush remaining Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top of ganache. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
Doesn’t it look ridiculously delicious :D. The Ice-cream Cake is a perfect cake to make for all summer birthdays and celebrations. Although, the cake has a tendency to melt as soon as you take it out of the freezer. But it is even more delicious when it’s all melty melty :).
Hope you will give it a try this summer. Please let me if you liked it!
If you are feeling more fancy and don’t mind turning the oven on for a bit :D, try the other summer desserts on the blog- Hot fudge sundae cupcakes and the Blackforest Cake!!