Fruit and nut cake
Hello fellow bakers 🙂
How about a Fruit and nut cake recipe today!!
Having baked enough of chocolate inspired cakes lately, I made this awesome fruity treat for my family over the weekend. It’s got loads of nuts and fruits baked in a vanilla sponge cake.
This is a self inspired recipe created after salivating over a tin of Delmonte Fruit Cocktail!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups curd(room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- few drops of almond essence
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil(I used canola oil)
- 1 tin drained fruits from Delmonte fruit cocktail
- Handfull of dried cranberries and strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease & dust a standard bundt cake tin.
- Now sift the maida with the fruits and nuts. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the curd with the sugar till it dissolves.
- Add baking soda and powder to the curd mix and wait for 5 minutes or till bubbles appear.
- Now add the oil and almond essence, followed by the maida mix. Fold gently.
- Bake for an hour or till skewer inserted in it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before inverting on a serving plate.
I inverted mine on this new Hot Pink cake stand that I had brought recently 😀
You can decorate it futher with some colourful fruits and nuts or feast on this cake directly. Enjoy the awesomeness of this Fruit and nut cake!