Coffee Streusel Cake
Usually we like our everyday cup of coffee with cookies. But on some days you want something special with it 🙂 That’s the reason for baking this Coffee Streusel Cake. A coffee cakedoesn’t necessarily mean that it has coffee in it. Any cake that you can have with coffee is a coffee cake 😀 no specific definitions for this one.
This one has a chocolate coffee flavoured streusel in it and has been baked in a Bundt pan. Streusel cakes look lovely when baked in a bundt pan, because you can appreciate the streusel much better in them. The recipe is a personal favourite and I have baked it several times before. Adapted from the one at Bakingbites.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs at room temp
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 ½ tbsp choc chips
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and grease and dust a bundt pan .
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Stir in half flour mixture and then curd and then remaining maida mixture, followed by the cream. Incorporate and fold everything nicely.
- Seperately mix all the ingredients for streusel thoroughly together.
- Now, spread half the batter in the prepared pan and then sprinkle the streusel over it evenly. Top with the remaining batter and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Enjoy it with your favorite cup of coffee or tea 🙂