Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter centers
This recipe was born to utilize the leftover peanut butter mixture from the chocolate and peanut butter swirl cake 😀 But the result was yummilicious!!
I baked Chocolate cupcakes adapted from a recipe I read at the Tasteofhome.
Then I scooped the centers of the cupcakes, put in some creamy peanut butter filling and later frosted them with lots of milk chocolate ganache.
Now for the recipe.
Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter centers and chocolate icing
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 115 gms chopped dark chocolate
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups maida
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Microwave the oil and chopped chocolate together at 30 second intevals till chocolate melts completely.
- Beaat the eggs, sugar, water, sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the maida, baking soda, baking powder and salt separately. Add this mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate and oil mixture. Blend well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full and Bake for 18-20 minutes at 180 degrees.
For the creamy peanut butter filling-
- Mix 2 tbsp peanut butter with ¾ tbsp. unsalted butter and 1 tbsp caster sugar. Mix to a smooth mix.
Make the milk chocolate ganache-
- Pour 100gms hot cream over 250 gms chopped milk chocolate. Let it sit for 5 minutes before mixing to a smooth ganache.
Once baked, allow them to cool on a wire rack. Till then, make the creamy peanut butter filling and the milk chocolate ganache.
Once the chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter centers are cool, remove the middle portion of the tops with a knife. Put in some peanut butter filling and place the tops back again in their position. Frost the chocolate ganache over the filled cupcakes and garnish with chopped Snickers bars.
Eat to your hearts content 🙂