White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pink Buttercream
Baked these beautiful cupcakes for a terrace party at our place on the New Year’s eve.
White and pink, a girly combination 🙂
These White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pink Buttercream frosting were a big hit at the party!
The recipe has been adapted from Luciana Borges blog.
White Chocolate Cupcakes and Pink Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 160 gm chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees and line cupcake tins with liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until fluffy and pale yellow.
- Heat milk in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and add chopped white chocolate. Keep stirring till it blends in. Let it cool.
- Add this cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and beat for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla essence and combine.
- Next, fold in the oil.
- Divide the batter amongst the cupcake moulds. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
You can enjoy these as it is or with a dash of nutella! I frosted mine with this simple pastel pink buttercream frosting .
Just cream 80 gms unsalted softened butter till light and fluffy. Now beat in 115gms icing sugar till smooth. Add 2-3 drops of red food colouring till you get your desired pinkness 😀
I am not sure if pinkness is a word 😛 but u do get the emotion in it!!
Now frost the cupcakes generously and make people happy 🙂 because I truly believe when they say “You can’t be sad when you are holding a cupcake” that too a pink one 🙂