I hope you love minions as much as I do :). I so wish, they were for real and we had one at home staying with us! These Minion Cupcakes are as cute as those adorable guys and they are so delicious too!
My cousin had sensed my minion madness and gifted me these cute minion cupcake toppers. I have been brooding over them for months. There are so many random baking ideas that keep cropping up in my head that I never got the time to plan these Minion Cupcakes. But I am glad that I could finally make them and share with my minion crazy cousins and family!!
This is basically an over the top chocolatey cupcake frosted with a sweet creamy buttery white chocolate buttercream. I tinted the buttercream blue and the cupcake toppers had lots of yellow in them. So we can call them Minion Cupcakes :D.
The chocolate cupcakes turned out so good that I am going to bake them often and dress them up with buttercreams, ganaches, mascarpone frostings or maybe some good old whipped cream.
For Chocolate Cupcake
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F and grease and dust a 12-cup muffin pan with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave, in 30 second increments, stirring between each time. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add the cooled butter-chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir in the yogurt, followed by folding in the flour mixture.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For White Chocolate Buttercream
- Melt the white chocolate in a saucepan over low heat stirring constantly. After the chocolate melts, remove it from heat.
- Place the butter in a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the melted, slightly cooled white chocolate. Mix in the blue coloring.
- Next, add in the sugar and vanilla. Beat on low speed until everything is incorporated. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Use a spoon to frost the cupcakes. Place the minion toppers on top of each cupcake.
- Store the cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The moist, rich chocolate cupcake and the dreamy white chocolate buttercream, make these Minion Cupcakes an instant hit with everyone. Pure decadence!!
By the way,which one of them was your favorite minion? Kevin, stuart or Bob 😛